Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MrBalloonHands

Live Chat is LIVE

4 posts in this topic

Hi YBCers,

I went ahead and activated the live chat tab at the index of the forum page. If you find yourself online at the same time as other members, it can be a quicker and more efficient way to hold a conversation with one another. A few people had requested the feature and we are happy to have it.  :54:

Clicking on the "Chat" tab just below the YBC logo with automatically enter you into the chat room. Once you have entered you can simply join the conversation. There is a button to the right of the page that also allows you to move the chat room into a separate window that will make it convenient to continue chatting live and surf the forum at the same time.

If you want to leave the chat but stay on the forum, be sure the click the "leave chat" button on the right side of the chat page. 

:cheers:

Just a suggestion, but for folks that want to chat, it might be convenient to have a set meeting time for the 'sessions'.

This way people can have a specific time to gather and chat...as opposed to hoping that two or more people coincidentally happen to be available at the same time

Given that the internet spans numerous time zones and personal/work obligations, it can be set at a different time each week .

For example...

• The first Monday of each month at 1:00 PM EDT
  • The second Friday of each month at 9:00 PM EDT
  • The third Saturday of each month at 11:00 AM EDT

I'd assume that the various times and dates will allow most, if not all, who wish to avail themselves of this feature a time that works best for them

Love this idea, Larry! Once things calm down around here I'm going to announce times when I'll be online to chit chat! In the meantime, feel free to start up a little online meet up and I'll do my best to make it!