Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PaulaH

Teeki pants

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

After eyeing Teeki's hot yoga pant selection for quite some time, I'm going for it and will splurge on a pair of cloud print leggings - yay! I've never owned Teekis and am therefore not familiar with the sizing. Internet reviewers seem to be divided over purchasing true to size or one size up. Can anyone let me know what their experience has been, please? I'm an in-between-sizes type of girl (S/M) and have read that the waistband slips down sometimes when you size up. 

Thanks guys!

Paula

P.S.: For those of you wondering why I don't just order 2 sizes and return one after trying both on...I have had terrible experiences with companies not accepting returns and would rather just avoid it if possible.

nfenchak likes this

Hi Paula! 

I LOVE teeki pants and the cloud ones are one of my favourite prints. I have the leggings in both XS and Small. I find that the XS fits like a US size 4 and the Small like a US size 6. You might get them out of the package and think - hell no that ain't gonna fit! - but they are super stretchy. The smalls are a tad to large on me and the waistbands get super slack. For reference I am a US size 4 in Lululemon and XS in Sweaty Betty if that helps and the XS in Teeki fits the best! 

So if I was you and you are in between sizes, I would go for the small. Does that make sense? I feel like I have rambled! 

PaulaH likes this

So if I was you and you are in between sizes, I would go for the small. Does that make sense? I feel like I have rambled! 

Thank you for your detailed answer! That actually really helps. I'm always a Lululemon 6 and wasn't sure if a Small would accommodate my height (5'8"). I'm grateful for your input - thanks again!! 

I just ordered my first pair and my measurements put me *just* at medium and I ordered medium. I'm wondering whether I've made a big mistake because I'm in Australia and won't be able to easily return them  :(  :o

PaulaH and YogaByCandace like this

I don't know, @Jasmine, they're very, very tight, so you might be good with a medium...Fingers crossed for you. 

Yep, I agree with @JayneBecca to go with the small, @PaulaH. I have a couple pairs (my reviews here and here) and love them so much! 

Jasmine and PaulaH like this

Thanks Candace, your reviews were actually super helpful because you wrote a good bit about sizing in there (not the case with other sites). Also, your site is one of the first to show up when you type "Teeki pants review" into Google :D  

I ordered the small and they arrived today....and they fit like a glove. My personal take is that the small fits perfectly for my frame (see photo), and sizing up as recommended would probably have been too much. The waistband seems looser than on other yoga pants, but it still provides enough compression. I feel as though sizing up would have been a mistake. 

Thanks everyone for your input! I really appreciate it!  :smileys-flowers-719593:

post-619-0-34763200-1434996400_thumb.jpg

post-619-0-50460500-1434996787_thumb.jpg

Those look awesome, thanks for sharing how they fit!  They looked so good, you inspired me to post a new topic... felt like it was a little personal to bring into this thread! :)

PaulaH likes this

I just ordered my first pair and my measurements put me *just* at medium and I ordered medium. I'm wondering whether I've made a big mistake because I'm in Australia and won't be able to easily return them  :(  :o

Hi Jasmine,

I am from Australia too, It might be a bit late but I've found an awesome website that sells Teeki yoga pants for a pretty decent price! http://www.luxefitness.com.au/

Ive purchased my own pair of Teeki's and Onzie yoga pants from there and they are pretty reliable due to the experience ive had :) They dont have every single style thats advertised on the Teeki website though, but may be something to look at for next time :P