Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nfenchak

Vital Proteins

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

Not a "yoga" question, but a question about the proteins in my ybcbox. I've been curious about this product since Lauren did her recipe using it on the blog. Do you (Candace, Lauren or anyone else who uses this) use this in addition to protein powder in a shake, or replacing it? I just made a smoothie for breakfast and wondered if I should do both.

YogaByCandace likes this

Great question! Greg used to add it in addition to his protein shakes after knee surgery just because it's supposed to be good for the joints and collagen etc. I don't drink protein shakes at the moment because #GAPSproblems and I don't believe Lauren has tried it in a protein shake. But yeah, you can add it to your protein OR you could use it on its own in a shake. I used to do something similar - when making this really indulgent super weird recipe I ate nearly every night last summer: 1T peanut butter (salted, duh), 1T coconut butter, 1t cacao powder, 1t vital proteins and then mix it all up. The proteins would kind of work it into a cool texture and it was YUM.

nfenchak likes this