Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Meugenio

Sea Salt Spray

6 posts in this topic

I've become obsessed with the Davines brand the past couple of months. It began with their sea salt spray, slightly vanilla-y and smells like you just came from the beach. The only problem is that it's mad expensive for such a small bottle. Do you have a favorite sea salt spray that doesn't break the piggy bank?

There's a way to make your own with coconut oil, salt and water. It works really well! Pinterest it, or google it. I'm sure you could add oils to make it smell how you want, but I've always just liked the coconut oil smell so I never have. 

I was just going to jump on here to save everyone from spending a fortune on bumble & bumble's spray - it leaves my hair so stringy and dried out! I never thought to make my own though, what a great idea! 

There's a way to make your own with coconut oil, salt and water. It works really well! Pinterest it, or google it. I'm sure you could add oils to make it smell how you want, but I've always just liked the coconut oil smell so I never have. 

Hmmm, this sounds interesting! Have you found a particular recipe for it that you really like? I've only seen ones that require gel, sea salt and water.

Candace, thanks for warning us against Bumble & Bumble's; I've tried a couple of their products but not their sea salt spray. I think it's a bummer when you find that some of a certain brand's products are good while others aren't.

I've used my own homemade sea salt hair spray for a little while now, I can't find the original recipe, but this website has one that's really close to my own.  I like to put a few drops of orange oil or peppermint oil in every time I make a new batch and it's worked really well for me so far!  I have naturally curly hair and for the past year I've been figuring out how I can manage my natural hair.

Meugenio likes this

I've used my own homemade sea salt hair spray for a little while now, I can't find the original recipe, but this website has one that's really close to my own.  I like to put a few drops of orange oil or peppermint oil in every time I make a new batch and it's worked really well for me so far!  I have naturally curly hair and for the past year I've been figuring out how I can manage my natural hair.

Thanks for posting this! =)