Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YogaByCandace

July Project - De-Stress!

14 posts in this topic

I love the theme for this challenge. As I mentioned on the blog, I have a tendency to stress myself out and I'm trying to learn how to take the yoga state of mind off the mat. More meditation must be part of the answer, I'm sure.

I love the theme for this challenge. As I mentioned on the blog, I have a tendency to stress myself out and I'm trying to learn how to take the yoga state of mind off the mat. More meditation must be part of the answer, I'm sure.

I think so - that, and more attention to breathing. I notice that when I breathe fully, my stress levels go down.

I'm joining in on this challenge and working on dancer pose... I think we all need some de-stressing in life..

I 100% agree - great pose choice, by the way! 

I am working on Dancer Pose this month, and so far I am loving this program. I especially loved the 60 minute video on the first day. I lit some incense and enjoyed that flow. It was perfect. I start graduate school in the Fall and my husband just started his residency, so we've had more time away from each other than usual. This is really helping me cope with that transition, and also to prepare me to start grad school. 

I forgot to mention in my previous post my selected poses for this month's challenge. I'm sticking with headstand because I'm almost there and because it requires a great deal of clarity. Can't do my best version of headstand if thoughts are racing through my brain, not unless I want to fall (again). I'd also like to try some wheel variations, see what else I can do with the pose.

Hello everyone!

I'm really bummed because I can't follow the programm properly... For the past 10 days I'm having a stupid pinching pain in my middle back that is aggrevated everytime I do the slightest backbend.. I even hurt in Upward Facing Dog..

Well, thank god the project is titled De-Stress, so although I can't do all the poses and flows from Candace's videos I'm trying to listen to my body and the limits it sets and don't stress my self out for not being able to do everything!

The pose I chose is Baddha Konasana (Bound Angle pose) which is a grounding pose and really helps to open the hips which is a very tight part of my body and I feel really relaxed after doing hip opening poses!

Good luck everyone!! 

p.s. : I was motivated from the discussion about the Yoga Selfies the previous month and I decided to start sharing my progress on Instagram too! I love the feeling of the yoga community there and I love seeing the posts of all the fellow YBCers too!!

I am working on Dancer Pose this month, and so far I am loving this program. I especially loved the 60 minute video on the first day. I lit some incense and enjoyed that flow. It was perfect. I start graduate school in the Fall and my husband just started his residency, so we've had more time away from each other than usual. This is really helping me cope with that transition, and also to prepare me to start grad school. 

It sounds like this came right at the right time for you with all you have going on in your life! What kind of incense are you a fan of? I love Ng Champa - which reminds me I need to order more! 

I forgot to mention in my previous post my selected poses for this month's challenge. I'm sticking with headstand because I'm almost there and because it requires a great deal of clarity. Can't do my best version of headstand if thoughts are racing through my brain, not unless I want to fall (again). I'd also like to try some wheel variations, see what else I can do with the pose.

You are so right - headstand is a great choice for someone working on de-stressing. Enjoy the journey!! 

Hello everyone!

I'm really bummed because I can't follow the programm properly... For the past 10 days I'm having a stupid pinching pain in my middle back that is aggrevated everytime I do the slightest backbend.. I even hurt in Upward Facing Dog..

Well, thank god the project is titled De-Stress, so although I can't do all the poses and flows from Candace's videos I'm trying to listen to my body and the limits it sets and don't stress my self out for not being able to do everything!

The pose I chose is Baddha Konasana (Bound Angle pose) which is a grounding pose and really helps to open the hips which is a very tight part of my body and I feel really relaxed after doing hip opening poses!

Good luck everyone!! 

p.s. : I was motivated from the discussion about the Yoga Selfies the previous month and I decided to start sharing my progress on Instagram too! I love the feeling of the yoga community there and I love seeing the posts of all the fellow YBCers too!!

I'm so sorry to hear you're dealing with back pain! That is the worst! Definitely give yourself a break and maybe practice meditation until you're cleared by your doc/chiro. Great pose choice, by the way! And I'm happy to hear you joined in on instagram and sharing your progress. I, too, love the feeling of the yoga community. xo

mclarkson and Vicky like this

It sounds like this came right at the right time for you with all you have going on in your life! What kind of incense are you a fan of? I love Ng Champa - which reminds me I need to order more! 

I absolutely love the Wildberry incenses. My favorite scent is Gingerbread. It's so heavenly. I buy them in bulk from Amazon. I had a friend who loved Nag Champa, as well. I will have to try it out! - And yes, this program truly came at the perfect time. I couldn't be more happy about it!  :)

YogaByCandace likes this

I'm so sorry to hear you're dealing with back pain! That is the worst! Definitely give yourself a break and maybe practice meditation until you're cleared by your doc/chiro. Great pose choice, by the way! And I'm happy to hear you joined in on instagram and sharing your progress. I, too, love the feeling of the yoga community. xo

Thanks for your support Candace! I'm already feeling a little better after a couple days of total rest and I'll keep avoiding anything really active until the end of the week to see how it goes! I will focus on meditation and some gentle stretches that don't involve the spine (because if I don't do anything for more than 3 days I start having sciatic pain).. and also I'm going to spend a lot of time to the beautiful beaches of Naxos! hahaha! 

YogaByCandace likes this

Thanks for your support Candace! I'm already feeling a little better after a couple days of total rest and I'll keep avoiding anything really active until the end of the week to see how it goes! I will focus on meditation and some gentle stretches that don't involve the spine (because if I don't do anything for more than 3 days I start having sciatic pain).. and also I'm going to spend a lot of time to the beautiful beaches of Naxos! hahaha! 

Hey I'm pretty sure the beauty and calm of Greece has the ability to heal nearly everything so enjoy! So jealous!

Vicky likes this

Hey everyone! I haven't checked in in quite some time, but I am enjoying this project immensely. In the middle of my workout today (outside as it is gorgeous today) I had a very inquisitive visitor. She somehow snuck through the fence and stayed to watch for quite a bit lol. I thought I'd share with all of you! post-506-0-05148400-1436477644_thumb.jpg

Hey everyone! I haven't checked in in quite some time, but I am enjoying this project immensely. In the middle of my workout today (outside as it is gorgeous today) I had a very inquisitive visitor. She somehow snuck through the fence and stayed to watch for quite a bit lol. I thought I'd share with all of you! attachicon.gif14364775932191543258850.jpg

oh my goodness, what a cutiepie!!!! 

KatieD likes this