YogaByCandace

What Do You Do For Work And How Does It Impact Your Body?

32 posts in this topic

I am a high school counselor, so I sit most of the day. I am in a classroom one period of the day, which is nice because it keeps me from sitting ALL day. If I am not mindful of my posture, my lower back and hips hurt, which are my problem spots, anyway.

I do some sort of chest opener almost daily as soon as I get home, to counteract the hunching over a computer and driving.

Turi likes this

i'm secretary and student i sit literally all day long (15 hr) and the few minutes i have for lunch, break i stretch my body all the time i can, when i started yoga I realized my bad posture when sitting, eventually I started to cramp, but I avoid sitting all day,  and try to keep up at least half an hour and do a lot of forward fold, goddess pose and warrior 1, and it feels good  :lol:

I sit at a PC all day and if I'm not sat at the PC a then I'm in my car driving... How sedentary is my life.. Good job I love yoga.. Need to try out 10 minute office yoga workout.. Not sure I want to life on my office carpet and do one on the floor..

Yes, I work from home and sit on the couch with my laptop for hours. I'm also a mom so when they're home I'm up more making meals, doing laundry, running errands and such. But there are definitely hours where I'm in active and not the best posture. I suppose I should sit at a real chair and table sometimes! 

Yes, I work from home and sit on the couch with my laptop for hours. I'm also a mom so when they're home I'm up more making meals, doing laundry, running errands and such. But there are definitely hours where I'm in active and not the best posture. I suppose I should sit at a real chair and table sometimes! 

I am right there with you! I'm a grad student, so I spend a LOT of time sitting on my bed or my couch reading and writing. But fortunately, I get a decent amount of activity in on a day-to-day basis: I teach a couple of classes, and I take classes at two different campuses in NYC, plus just generally living in NYC forces you to walk around a bunch. Walking to and from class, the subway, the gym, the market, the pharmacy... lol!

I am a registered nurse and I work on a cardiac/medical unit! I work 12 hour days and nights, rotating. Days I am mostly on my feet, and nights I am mostly sitting and doing paperwork unless there is an emergency. Mentally I am usually exhausted, but not much physically hurts while I am at work, except my feet at the end of the day. Flipping back and forth usually just leaves me tired for a few days, but I find yoga has really been helping me with my mental health, relaxes me/ helps me get back into my regular sleep cycle and ability to let the stressful stuff go!  :)

I'm a Wedding Photographer, and I use yoga to become more flexible and get those hard to reach angles.  True story.  It used to hurt to hold a camera while sitting in garland pose, but now it's a cinch! :)

yogafire and KimK like this