Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yogafire

Bring Sally Up Bodyweight Challenges

4 posts in this topic

For fun! Which "Bring Sally Up" variation do you like doing the most?

Push ups

Squats

Pull Ups (I found a woman doing this!)

Forearm to Hand Plank

Alternating Forearm Planks

Your own variation? Please share!

I first tried modified push ups on my knees and lasted about 1:30.  I liked doing squats a lot more after that.  I kept thinking "utkatasana" while breathing very deeply!  I've been wanting to work on my quad strength, and this challenge is a lot more interesting to do than wall sits! Then tried the last plank variation for maybe the same amount as the push ups.

I like doing this in front of a mirror to check my form. Then again, I also like closing my eyes during the challenge because I need all the concentration I can get, so, not sure how often I can look at the mirror!

I like doing this in front of a mirror to check my form. Then again, I also like closing my eyes during the challenge because I need all the concentration I can get, so, not sure how often I can look at the mirror!

OK, I have to give an update - I liked doing this.  Can easily hurt neck or back muscle when looking up while doing planks or something else.  I learned this the hard way. :(

For fun! Which "Bring Sally Up" variation do you like doing the most?

Push ups

Squats

Pull Ups (I found a woman doing this!)

Forearm to Hand Plank

Alternating Forearm Planks

Your own variation? Please share!

Surya Namaskara! Sun Salutations

This is a good topic but that first video is so bad. I couldn't stand watching it. I couldn't see all of them but the men up front are going to wreck their hands, wrists or shoulders. The one guy is already on his knuckles. If anyone reads this please don't copy what they are doing.

Much of the strength for poses or exercises comes from proper form. You don't have to be a big strong man.

Sore Wrists During Push ups? Let’s Fix That

http://reembody.me/2013/10/05/sore-wrists-during-push-ups-lets-fix-that/