Jessica

Incorporating Vinyasa with Strength and Running workouts

2 posts in this topic

Hi Candace!

I have had a long time home practice, but eariler this year I have found that I love heated vinyasa and I've began practicing at a studio 2-3 times a week, on top off running and lifting. I would like to continue to do all 3, but I've gotten minor injuries in the past month that make me wonder if I'm overdoing.

Could you recommend how I should be incorporating vinyasa into my current lifting and running routines? Currently, I lift or do strength 2-3 times a week and cardio 1-2 times a week. Should I replace any of those sessions with vinyasa? Is it okay to lift and practice vinyasa on the same day or should I do on non-consecutive days?

Thanks in advance!

Jessica

YogaByCandace likes this

Hi Candace!

I have had a long time home practice, but eariler this year I have found that I love heated vinyasa and I've began practicing at a studio 2-3 times a week, on top off running and lifting. I would like to continue to do all 3, but I've gotten minor injuries in the past month that make me wonder if I'm overdoing.

Could you recommend how I should be incorporating vinyasa into my current lifting and running routines? Currently, I lift or do strength 2-3 times a week and cardio 1-2 times a week. Should I replace any of those sessions with vinyasa? Is it okay to lift and practice vinyasa on the same day or should I do on non-consecutive days?

Thanks in advance!

Jessica

Great question and will answer in the next Ask a Yoga Question vid! We're long overdue for one!