Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kdemps

Modifications when you have one problem wrist

2 posts in this topic

Hi there! I have some pain in my left wrist leftover from a feeble attempt at snowboarding. (they tell you not to "soften" your fall with your hands, but it's instinct for me!)

As a result, there are days where I can't put any pressure on that hand, because the pain in my wrist is so great. Most of the time, however, I can do poses that put equal weight on both hands, like down dog or table (cat/cow, etc. as well).  On bad days, I can't even do that. I know how to mitigate the bad days--just do a standing flow. But what do I do on a regular basis? I already have to avoid wheel pose, and things like side plank or grasshopper are near impossible to do on my left side. Should I forego these poses altogether (instead of doing them on one side?)

Hi kdemps,

I'm sure Candace can help you better. But I thought of two things right off the bat. On the tough days, substitute dolphin pose for down dog during your flow and if you move into a side plank to work those obliques, just do the same adjustment, move to your elbow for side plank. Hope those ideas help. Cheers!

:cheers:

kdemps and Jessica like this