Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fshliz09

New Workout Inspiration

7 posts in this topic

Where do you get your inspiration for new workouts and sequences? I usually do some warm up, a little toning and abs,  and then some yoga after a run if it's not too hot. But recently i'm kinda at a stand still and haven't been feeling as sore as I usually do (best feeling ever) 

So what kinds of things do you do?!

YogaByCandace likes this

I've recently got more into kettle bell workouts from following Onnit Academy - they post really good stuff. 

Another source of inspiration is watching MMA. Those are the most athletic people in the world, so seeing what they can do and what is possible to accomplish as a human is really inspiring to me.  

YogaByCandace and fshliz09 like this

YES! I love MMA, I wish there was an affordable kickboxing studio around where I live, I used to do a class whenever I would go visit my sister and it was the best workout. 

I'll have to look into a kettlebell, I'm not very familiar with it so thanks for the idea !

YogaByCandace likes this

I like following crossfit gyms or people on instagram who post their daily workouts. I usually will just do something similar to that if I'm out of ideas. @wodcrossfit hasn't posted in many weeks but the entire account has a bunch of workouts. @crossfita1a also posts their workouts all the time. 

afriske and fshliz09 like this

To be honest, my go to for different workouts is pinterest, because they will have basic website posts, blog posts, tips, and youtube videos.

fshliz09 likes this

I find when I'm at 0 motivation I go to youtube and do the Bring Sally Up Squat Challenge and that gives me a boost to keep doing other workouts.

Youtube. Often I have an idea, like I want something more elegant - so ballet - so I'll look for more ballet-based workouts. Pilates? Pilates. Youtube has really become a hub where if you want to try something, you can, and you can look like an idiot in your own house. LOL. I do a lot of cardio-based HIIT pilates from BeFit because I don't get bored easily. It keeps me on my toes. BeFit has a little of everything: ballroom inspired workouts, hip hop inspired, pilates/yoga HIIT, krav maga defense inspired workout (I want to try that one now that I've seen it!), crossfit inspired...basically, you will find something to satisfy you.