Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LadyKateM

Yoga Mat for Travelling?

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I need some advice! I have been practicing yoga for a couple of years now but more consistently over the past 8 months.

I will be travelling overseas in October for about 3 weeks and I can’t imagine going without my practice for that long!

So I thought it may be time to invest in a yoga mat specifically for travel.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good yoga mat especially for travel?

Thank you in advanced :)

Kate

Hi Kate! How exciting that you'll be traveling in Oct! Where are you headed? I did a travel mat post here and I also have two different Manduka travel mats that I reviewed SuperLite here and EkoLite here and a Jade travel mat that I reviewed here. So I have a lot of experience with both travel and travel mats and I think the best one will depend on what your needs are: 

If you are looking for an extremely packable, extremely light-weight, durable mat, the SuperLite is the way to go. Downside: It is extremely, extremely thin.

If you are looking for a *pretty* packable, *pretty* light-weight, durable mat, the EkoLite is the way to go. Downside: It's not as foldable as the SuperLite.

If you're looking for something in the middle, the Prana mat is great. Also an awesome price point.

Hope that helps!

Hello Candace!!

Thank you so much for your response, it certainly did help a lot! Ive read the reviews you have linked and you’ve certainly given me a lot to think about now but at least I have a guide with what I want to be looking for now– I think I need something on the thicker end. So at the moment im tossing up between Maduka eKO Lite Yoga Mat and the Jade Yoga Harmony Mat… hmmm decisions decisions  :P

I will be travelling from Brisbane to Los Angeles to visit my brother and I was thinking it might be a smart idea to purchase the mat over there so I only have to worry about bring it home, but regardless im so excited for a holiday!

Thanks again,

Kate

YogaByCandace likes this