scottcraft

Acne!

5 posts in this topic

I have problems with acne on my chest, shoulders and back. I wanted to see if any of you had any recommendations for something natural I could try. I have a prescription medicine, but it doesn't work that great. 

In my research for my own skin issues (occasional breakouts) I've found that acne on various parts of the body corresponds to different things. (Just do a search for chinese face mapping - really interesting.) I *think* I read somewhere that neck, shoulders and back could be candida overgrowth, so you may want to experiment with cutting out foods that feed candida - processed foods, starchy foods, sugars - just do a search for candida diet. In my experience with acne it works from the inside out. The skin is a way the body detoxes, and so I've always looked to what's going on inside. Am I stressed? Am I eating well? Am I sleeping enough? etc etc etc. Once I get myself back on track with those things my skin evens itself out. Good luck and keep us posted!

scottcraft and KristiSmithYoga like this

I tried the oil cleansing method, and it unfortunately didn't work for me (at least I smelled great!). I use either unfiltered pumpkin see oil or grapeseed oil on my face in lieu of a moisturizer and other products (I cleanse with a cheap cleanser from Whole Foods), and my acne is usually kept in check. Like Candace, I am of the opinion that food and things like candida can make a big difference. If I eat peanut butter for several days, my skin will break out. So unfair. Also, dairy and wheat can cause a moderate to severe acne-like reaction in some people...maybe strategically eliminating potential offending foods will help. Good luck - dealing with acne blows!

scottcraft likes this

Thanks for the input! I will definitely look into the oil cleansing and diet changes! I work in a hot environment and I sweat a lot so I'm sure that makes it worse. I take testosterone shots and I feel pretty certain that is the root of my acne, but what I eat and my naturally oily skin probably doesn't help. 

CoffeeAndYoga likes this