masha

Headstand to forearm stand

8 posts in this topic

Hi Candace, thank you so much for your videos and for this opportunity to directly ask you a question. 

I've been working on transitioning from a headstand to a forearm stand and it just seems impossible to me. I do ab workouts as well as shoulder press with weights at the gym to build my upper body and core strength. When doing the headstand I try and put most of my weight on my arms and try and lift the head off the floor, however, i just can't transition into a full forearm stand. Could you please recommend some exercises i could do to improve my upper body strength and maybe some general tips on how to tackle this transition. Thank you again, all the best! <3

Vicky and YogaByCandace like this

Absolutely. There's a video coming this week that is specifically for upper body strength, so give that one a try and in the meantime I will work on a post showing myself doing this transition and some tips for how to do it. :)

Hey Candace, thanks so much for the latest video on upper-body strength! I realized i have a lot to work on before transitioning into a forearm stand, the dolphin pose and downward dog pushups are insane :D 

YogaByCandace likes this

Anahata - I also didn't see a headstand to forearm stand transition in the most recent upper body strength video here (I linked it to the downward dog pushup).

Are we looking for a supported headstand and pushing up into forearm stand, or just prep poses to help build strength to do forearm stand? I already saw some good prep / guidance to do a strong forearm stand with the hands clasped in this earlier video.

Edit: WHOA, after I published this, the videos spanned across the whole screen! Is there any way to control the size of embedded video previews in posts? The one in the post preview looks reasonable!

Edited by yogafire