Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
twinsplusone

Difficulty In Savasana....yes, You Read Correctly

5 posts in this topic

It sounds ridiculous, I know. But by far the most uncomfortable pose for me is savasana. When I lower my chin, my airways feel restricted. When I rest on the back of my head (lifting my chin a bit), I feel pounding and hear blood flow which makes it virtually impossible to relax. I've also tried turning my head to the side, but that gets very uncomfortable as well. I had one instructor tell me to roll a towel underneath my shoulders and another said underneath the base of my neck. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what works best for you.

MrBalloonHands likes this

Hmm Do you experience this when you lay on your bed? If you don't, what about elevating the head as if you're going to bed? Use a folded blanket under the back of the head?

I have a student who suffers from vertigo and some days she just can't manage savasana :( She just meditates or rests in easy pose while slightly leaning against a wall...hope this helps! 

YogaByCandace likes this

I've noticed that the back of my head isn't even (lol) and so, when I lie in Savasana on the floor I can feel this and sometimes it will lead to feeling the blood pumping in my head and my neck becomes stiff. To get rid of this, I rest my head on something that isn't completely solid - i.e. a blanket, bolster, rolled up mat. Try rolling up a mat and placing a blanket at the top for your head. Lying back over this (with your head on the blanket and your spine resting along the mat) can be really restful for Savasana and provides a bit more support for your back, neck and head.