scottcraft

Strengthening abs?

30 posts in this topic

Just to give an update, I've been working on push-ups and core exercises in addition to my regular practice this week. I did the video for core that Candace linked above. My wife thoroughly enjoyed laughing at me! My hats off to you guys and gals, I didn't realize how weak I was in my core!

We should rename this thread to "strengthening scott's abs".  :) Seriously though, happy to read the updates!

I can get on board with that name change! ??

On a serious note on of the things I like about yoga is the way it pinpoints weakness in the body. I've discovered so many areas I need to work on that I didn't consider weaknesses before!

YogaByCandace and robert like this

On a serious note on of the things I like about yoga is the way it pinpoints weakness in the body. I've discovered so many areas I need to work on that I didn't consider weaknesses before!

Sounds like you're ready for Locust pose. Never knew I had muscles in the small of my back LOL

scottcraft likes this

I love lifting either leg up and down from half boat (and adding twists) and then jumping through after. You really do feel your core! Also doing feet variations in inversions (tripod headstand) does wonders for core-strengthening, I think, and they are quite fun to do too.