Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kerri

Wanderlust

2 posts in this topic

I've heard about it but never really knew what Wanderlust was...until I saw it was coming to Nashville, TN and now I want to go! lol. Running, yoga, meditation, music...yeah, it's right up my alley!

Has anyone ever been? How was it? Would it be weird for me to go alone (my only yogi friend is out of the country on vacation that weekend! Lame!)

I was thinking about going before, but it was about a 4 hour drive one-way and would require an overnight stay - too much for me to do the commute alone. When I got there, I'd think I'd be fine alone since it sounded like so many activities, and, I'm an introvert. :D

It sounds like there's enough at the event to satisfy you since you got so excited about it! (Me too!) I don't think you should feel weird going alone as long as you won't get too disappointed if you don't make connections.  I read this about a recent Wanderlust about some doubts on the atmosphere - being too much consumerism and not being able to relate to others (coincidentally, from people who also went alone).  But, there was encouragement overall that there are others who feel similarly, but just harder to find.

Here's a good way to preview past workshops from Wanderlust to see if you'd like them. Another idea if you'd still like to go with a buddy is if you go to a local studio class and there is someone you see there frequently but haven't had a chance to talk to, maybe you can ask if they're interested in going to wanderlust, and want to meet up there?

Kerri likes this