Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LarryD517

Looking for a chart to lead a group

3 posts in this topic

I practice every morning by myself and recently I found two beginner co-workers who join me two days a week for a "class" (if you can call it that..LOL)

I lead them through the basic poses (they know I'm not a qualified instructor and don't hold myself out as one), but they really enjoy my guidance. For the last year I've been taking an Ashtanga class each Saturday. The other day, I lead my co-workers through most of the Primary Series. After the 'class' I handed them a chart printout of the series. 

I was wondering if anyone has a good "class" in the form of a chart that I can use for our next session. I tried searching for it, but there are too many. 

Thanks!

YogaByCandace likes this

Considering that you know much more about your group than anyone else does, I think you would be in a better position to pick something out of what exists which is appropriate for what you are doing. As you have said, there are a lot of resources around.

Following a video could be a good option, as there are ones which give a lot of detail and so could be easier for a new practitioner to follow after the fact.

Edited by robert

When I'm in need of ideas I usually take to Pinterest. There are lots of charts (as you mentioned!) easy to find and all in one place. I can skim through quickly without visiting a ton of sites.Instead of using one as is I take inspiration from them and put together a series of poses that are a good fit for the people that come to my class. Now, this won't really work if you want to print it out but it allows you to customize it to your group's ability level and interests and still saves you the time of creating a class "from scratch". I think it's nice you are taking the time to introduce your coworkers to yoga! 

You might like this one:

http://evepostapple.tumblr.com/post/51085404320/build-your-own-yoga-practice-whether-you-are-a

This is more of a reference than class but it could help:

https://dhatc5.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/yoga-pose.jpg

robert, YogaByCandace and yogafire like this