mrsjoe24

Gaining Strength

6 posts in this topic

Hi y'all, 

I've been easing my way into power yoga lately. Last week I started researching the strength project that Candace started at the beginning of the year.
http://yogabycandace.com/blog/yoga-for-strength-project } 
I started it today and chose Baby Grasshopper as my power pose. I've watched this video on how to do the pose { https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BaZTJLubrY } many times over and I'm still unable to get myself into the pose.  I'm trying to lend myself grace to grow through the project, and I chose the project and pose with the intention of it being a challenge and also to see results at the end. Would you advise starting the project with a pose that I can already get into and improving upon that pose or is starting with a pose that I'm unable to get into perfectly fine?

My main goals for the project are to strengthen my core and overall body and to be able to get into baby grasshopper. 

Thanks in advance for all advice and encouragement. :13:

Are you almost able to get into it? Like, can you set up properly? I think it's best to pick a goal that's within reach. If you can set up properly, then I say stick with that goal. If you've having trouble crossing the leg so one foot is on the ground on the other side of the leg, then perhaps choose a goal that will help you reach that goal - like focusing on just being able to cross the leg. Gosh I hope that makes sense. If you want, feel free to put a video on instagram and tag me (@yogabycandace) in it- if I can see what you're doing I may be able to offer insight into what you may be missing. You could also tag #ybcyogis - it's the hashtag for our little community. :)

afriske likes this

Hi Candace!

Yes, I can get set up properly. So that gives me encouragement. I'm just not able to lift my body up yet. I'll try to do a video with tomorrow's practice. I don't have an instagram (shocker! ?). Could I post the video reply on here? I could always make an account otherwise. ?

Thank you for the reply, ❤.

YogaByCandace and afriske like this

17 hours ago, mrsjoe24 said:

.... I'll try to do a video with tomorrow's practice....

8 minutes ago, YogaByCandace said:

I'm not sure the site will host the video file,...

If not, you can upload to YouTube and set the file as private (unless you want the entire internet to see you work out) and get a link to share with Candace.

Instagram videos are limited to 15 seconds

afriske likes this

So the day after I posted this I got really sick and spent the next two weeks battling it. Then my first day back to yoga practice I pulled something in my lower back. Oi vey. -.-

Taking a power yoga hiatus until I can get myself back into the groove. 

<3 <3

afriske likes this