Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
juliewa

Rosehip Seed Oil

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone used rosehip oil on their face? I just started a few weeks ago and I am loving it.

I never would have thought I could just put an oil on my face and leave it on, but it's hard to explain the texture of rosehip oil. I believe they might be called "dry" oils? So you rub it into your skin & it just melts in, no grease or residue.

I use almond oil. Apparantly you should use oil on your skin as your skin is made of natural oils, however almond oil, although eventually melts in, does leave a little residue until it does.

Hmmm, I've never heard of rosehip oil before. What benefits have you seen with your skin from using it?

Thus far, my skin feels really soft & looks quite smooth. Some people have said it really smooths out the color of your skin, so it might just be the power of suggestion, but I do think my face looks better. Also, I have very very dry skin & am prone to rashes or flaking from many products, so finding something that my skin tolerates is a victory in itself ;) It is supposed to work well on any skin type, though.

I use almond oil. Apparantly you should use oil on your skin as your skin is made of natural oils, however almond oil, although eventually melts in, does leave a little residue until it does.

I will have to try almond oil as well! It's significantly cheaper :P Have you ever tried the oil cleansing method? I did it for several years, it worked super well for me, so I definitely believe in the whole "oils are what is good for your skin" thing.

I've used straight rosehip oil in the past, but nowadays I use a blend akin to Rodin Oil that I mix myself for a fraction of the price.  Mine has almond, apricot kernel, rosehip, evening primrose, camellia, jojoba, and calendula (with a some jasmine and neroli if you want that lush Rodin Oil smell) to cover all the bases. I find the trick to getting oils to sink in and leave a glow without being greasy is to apply them to damp skin, so I usually spritz my face with some DIY vitamin c water first and then rub in three drops of oil (more if for night) while it's still moist.