Robbie

Faces of yoga

8 posts in this topic

I love this project. I dread to think how much a photographer could shatter my illusion that I am a serene and graceful yogi.

I'm not very good at yoga photography. I never have a camera handy, my iPhone is always maxed-out on storage, I can never get my whole body in the shot, and to top it off most of my yoga is practised naked :o (calm yourselves ladies!). I would make extra effort though if I thought the results would be half as funny as these.

Faces of Yoga

12 minutes ago, Robbie said:

... my iPhone is always maxed-out on storage,...

Connect iPhone to computer and do an 'iTunes sync' 

When you sync, the photos will move to iPhone (OS X) or what ever you selected (Windows). After moving the photos...iPhoto will offer you to remove them from device...say YES. On the sync, images that are optimized for the smaller screen will come back onto iPhone. The images that the iPhone take are HUGE (for printing, etc.), but don't need to be store on iPhone. The typical photo you take will be 50mb...the optimized version will be 25 kb...do the math...LOL!

Hi Larry. Thanks for the advice. I ran into a problem though. After moving the photos I was asked if I wanted to remove them from device, but when I said "Yes" nothing happened. I must have said "Yes" about 3 times and still nothing happened. Do you think I need to try it in an American accent?

scottcraft likes this

If all the images are on your computer (assuming you use OS X), you can use Image Capture (it's a built in, little used program) use Spotlight Search to find it.

Verify that the images are on computer, open Image Capture with iPhone connected. You can import all images (from Camera Roll) to a newly created folder on your desktop (don't send them to iPhoto as you'll just end up duplicating images you already imported). Once done, you'll again be asked to delete from device, say yes. Then go to desktop folder and delete it.

Image Capture does a better job on import than the iTunes/iPhoto combination.

You can easily store 3000 images, 1000 songs, 100 apps and a dozen iBooks/Kindle books on a 16 GB iPhone (I do!)

3 hours ago, Robbie said:

I love this project. I dread to think how much a photographer could shatter my illusion that I am a serene and graceful yogi.

I'm not very good at yoga photography. I never have a camera handy, my iPhone is always maxed-out on storage, I can never get my whole body in the shot, and to top it off most of my yoga is practised naked :o (calm yourselves ladies!). I would make extra effort though if I thought the results would be half as funny as these.

Faces of Yoga

I resemble the sweaty pictures way more than most of the poses you see on Instagram! Thanks for sharing!

1 hour ago, scottcraft said:

Fighting 16gb of storage on my last iPhone is the reason I got 128gb on my current phone. 

As a geek, I hate hearing about storage issues

As a shareholder, I love hearing this!

scottcraft likes this

20 minutes ago, LarryD517 said:

As a geek, I hate hearing about storage issues

As a shareholder, I love hearing this!

I really should have gotten 64gb on this phone because I feel that's the best bang for the buck, but I'll probably be keeping this phone for two years and shooting 4K video I didn't want to take any chances on storage.