Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
imawalker

newbie to yoga and strength

5 posts in this topic

I am 36 years old. I am walking daily and am incorporating yoga into my exercise routine. Being a guy I like to also focus on strength. Are there any routines or moves recommended to me. If I do a few sets of pushups before yoga workout would that be too much. Any advice?

There are lots of good videos for all levels on the yogabycandace youtube channel. I do pushups and pull-ups to complement the yoga I do. I like to do these after my yoga routines. I also do extra stuff for my core.

Push-ups are easy to intergrate into yoga flows, as the starting position is plank pose. After lowering to chaturanga there is nothing stopping you lifting up again.

On 11/26/2015 at 4:24 PM, imawalker said:

I am 36 years old. I am walking daily and am incorporating yoga into my exercise routine. Being a guy I like to also focus on strength. Are there any routines or moves recommended to me. If I do a few sets of pushups before yoga workout would that be too much. Any advice?

Try getting a 15lbs dumbbell. I have noticed when i use that after long periods of time of not working out. Building up the arm/chest tend to really help me with yoga. 
Lots of squats as well for the legs.