Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anahata

Does anyone name their mat?

7 posts in this topic

I have never heard of this before. I suppose it may bring an important meaning to some people.

I choose something a little different.

I have a mat that is kind of slippery. That one will be Até

And another that is like rubber sandpaper. Aergia

They are the names of Greek gods. We need a laugh at least once a day.

Até is the god of mischief.

Aergia is the god of laziness.

I hope at least someone understands the little joke. (besides me)

I've never thought of naming my mat. Not sure why - I named my car (Layla :))

But I rather like the idea. I plan to keep my mat for, well, forever, unless one of my animals ever decides to eat it. A lingering worry for me.

I think I will name my mat Dharma. Probably for fairly self explanatory reasons. It may not be too creative, but I rather like it.

I also do love your humor Anahata :)

MrBalloonHands likes this

Hahaha, I like it, Anahata! 

I haven't named my mat - it was never even on my radar, although a lot of people name their cars so I wonder if lots of people name their mats as well? I don't have a mat I consistently practice with because I prefer not using a mat at all. I have a bunch I use for photoshoots and I switch up the ones I use for class all the time so I think they'd all have to have the same name or I wouldn't remember them :( 

robert and MrBalloonHands like this

Speaking of keeping mats forever...my Jade mat, when I first got it, was sticky as glue.

Now it's not as sticky. Is there any way to get it to original condition? Any specific cleaners or solvents?  

Thanks!

2 hours ago, YogaByCandace said:

Hahaha, I like it, Anahata! 

I haven't named my mat - it was never even on my radar, although a lot of people name their cars so I wonder if lots of people name their mats as well? I don't have a mat I consistently practice with because I prefer not using a mat at all. I have a bunch I use for photoshoots and I switch up the ones I use for class all the time so I think they'd all have to have the same name or I wouldn't remember them :( 

any reason why you like going without?

This might be my favorite thread thus far. I am going to have to think of a very clever name for my mat now. I will update when I have given it a proper name. :3: