Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ashtree

Snowshoe Yoga Help

4 posts in this topic

I was just offered an opportunity to teach Snowshoe Yoga this winter.  The only thing is, I've never taught Snowshoe Yoga, nor have I ever taken a Snowshoe Yoga class!  My dear friend and teacher used to teach the class, but is no longer able to due to her schedule.  She said she would just make up the classes, but she is very good at making up classes.  It takes me lots of preparation to put a class together!  On one hand, I'm not even sure if I'm suited to teach a Snowshoe Yoga class.  On the other hand, it pays well and I'm a firm believer in taking opportunities as I believe Spirit presents them to me to show me the way on my path.  I guess I just have some "Can I really do this?" apprehension surfacing.

So, that is the back story to this question: Do you have any suggestions for teaching Snowshoe Yoga?  Any sequencing, pranayama, or theme ideas?  Any advice is welcome. :)  Thanks so much!

Interesting! New to me, too.

Is it more like hiking with yoga in between (so you snowshoe to a destination, and then do yoga, and then snowshoe back)? That seems to be called snowga according to this article!  Or is it warm up with yoga poses, go on a snowshoe trail, and throw in some yoga poses during the hike, like on this page? The last source's photos might help generate some ideas - people piled up the snow to use as props!