Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
imawalker

yoga having crohn's

8 posts in this topic

Yoga will probably be helpful to diminish stress which can raise cortisol levels, thereby increasing inflammation which certainly doesn't help Crohns. But to truly heal, it might be best to look at the root cause and then follow a healing diet to heal and seal the gut lining. See this for more info.

Hi, I have Crohn's disease. I was diagnosed more than ten years ago after prolonged illness, had major surgery and many smaller procedures, then went into remission and I've been in remission since. Gentle yoga really helped me to maintain some mobility when I was ill and in too much pain to move about very much at all. Then after surgery it helped me to rebuild my strength and get back on my feet again. There is a lot to be said for the way yoga reduces stress levels, stress being an aggravating factor for inflammation. I have kept up the yoga over the years, and I honestly don't know if it has been a contributing factor in my remission, but it certainly helped me to feel strong again and to maintain my mobility.

Stay well

On 24 December 2015 at 8:48 PM, imawalker said:

i had surgery also. it help me a lot. Thanks for responding. Crohn's sucks when you are sick. Most people do not understand where we come from.  

Yes the lack of understanding is so true, and recovery is tough

Hello my friends, I am new to this thing and recently   I have diagnosed with Crohn's disease . Does anyone have a same problem and did yoga alleviate symptoms ? I am about to start, so I am new in this thing. So any tips how to start ?

Edited by LarryD517
Moderator note...this post was merged into an existing thread on the topic