15 organic cherries, pitted
5 ice cubes
1 organic avocado
1t cinnamon
1 heaping tablespoon raw cacao powder
1T flaxseed
1T hemp protein powder
1T organic local raw honey

But I can't have most of the ingredients right now (on a weird diet to heal my stomach from longterm antibiotics for lyme disease) but one day I'll be able to and when that day comes, I will drink all the smoothies. :54:

You can find all of mine here.

My absolute favorite was 

15 organic cherries, pitted

5 ice cubes

1 organic avocado

1t cinnamon

1 heaping tablespoon raw cacao powder

1T flaxseed

1T hemp protein powder

1T organic local raw honey

But I can't have most of the ingredients right now (on a weird diet to heal my stomach from longterm antibiotics for lyme disease) but one day I'll be able to and when that day comes, I will drink all the smoothies. :54:

All of your smoothie recipes look sooo good! I want them all right now haha.

Hi,

I never really use a recipe for smoothies. So these are more of a few tips that I go by:

Bananas and dates are great to add sweetness and creaminess.

Avocados are great for creaminess too and to even out any sharpness from fruits or veggies. 

Some source of protein is good, so you don´t send your blood sugar through the roof, so I add som youghurt (I love icelandic skyr) or some seeds like pumpkin, sunflower, chia, flax. The seeds, if added at the end of blending, will also add a little crunch.

To this base I add various berries  or fruits that are in season. Mango, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries are great.

And occasionally I will throw in anything. I´m all about reducing food waste, so the odd parts of vegetables will likely end up in a smoothie, like the stem of broccoli or cauliflower. It does add a peculiar texture, but tastes great in my opinion. 

I really like banana and spinach paired together.. you can barely taste the spinach! From there I will either add some frozen mango or strawberries. If I want protein I'll add in some plain Greek yogurt.

beth and Yogabliss like this

I usually buy fresh fruit and cut it up into small pieces and freeze them, that way it makes it a little icy without adding ice. I use almond mild or coconut milk, frozen fruit (strawberries, bananas, berries, pineapple), a little matcha green tea powder, sometimes a little protein powder, a little honey, sometimes a little peanut butter.

Yogabliss, Reggi and Turi like this

I am all about frozen fruit! I don't tend to use recipes, either. I have a good base on hand (almond milk or regular milk, or Greek yogurt) and then add whatever I've got. I love throwing in spinach/kale/broccoli, too. Don't forget spices - cinnamon and/or turmeric are so good for you, and add lots of pizzazz! 

Laura, Yogabliss and Turi like this

I make a "chocolate milk" to satisfy my chocolate cravings and to add some greens to my day.
2 Frozen Bananas, however much cocoa mix I feel like adding, a cup of almond milk, and a ton of spinach. It tastes just like chocolate milk! I was following a woman on Youtube who showed me this recipe. I've been enjoying it for about a year now.

Last week I blended up strawberries and blueberries. Pretty good stuff.

Turi, Meugenio, Yogabliss and 1 other like this

I am all about frozen fruit! I don't tend to use recipes, either. I have a good base on hand (almond milk or regular milk, or Greek yogurt) and then add whatever I've got. I love throwing in spinach/kale/broccoli, too. Don't forget spices - cinnamon and/or turmeric are so good for you, and add lots of pizzazz! 

Oooo! I didn't think of cinnamon! Yummy!!!

Laura likes this

I like to add also cayenne or fresh ginger :)

Here's a Matthew Kenney recipe I love: berries, frozen mango, young coconut meat, oranges juice, pinch of cayenne, pinch of sea salt

Turi, Yogabliss and blueswampmusic like this

I have no smoothie recipes, but I always add greens - whatever i have in the fridge such kale, romaine, chard, spinach, dandelion etc. A large portion of the fruit is berries since we pick locally and have an abundant. Favourite ingredients recently are ginger and cranberries! 

Yogabliss and Turi like this

Just made a smoothie with sharon fruit/ kaki fruit and youghurt this weekend, just added a bit of lemon juice and a few dates - mmm, if you´re looking for breakfast that tastes like dessert, that is not a bad choice!!  :D

Laura and Yogabliss like this

Wow I may need to readjust my thinking on smoothies. My fave in the morning or for quick lunch:

Hot n spicy bloody Mary mix (non-alcohol), spinach, cilantro, jalapeno (seeded) carrot, cucumber, raw garlic, Worcestershire, lemon squeeze, fresh horseradish, dash hot sauce. Garnish with lime wedge and celery stalk. I know it sounds like a ticking time bomb but I swear it's not. It's rocket fuel.

I also have a banana smoothie that I like to make in the summer but since it has rum maybe it doesn't fit this category soo.....nevermind.

I've been making so many smoothies lately, I'm considering freezing everything into ziplock bags so I can just throw it in the blender and hit go.

My favourite at the moment is a few heaped tablespoons of plain Greek yoghurt, frozen blueberries, frozen pineapple, the juice of two oranges, and then I just add little bits of water until it's the consistency I'm after.

nfenchak likes this

I love the basic almond milk, 1/2 a banana, protein powder plant-based, and frozen strawberries - and blend blend blend.

Ginger Mango/Peach Chai Smoothie! I got it from pinterest! It's delicious. It's basic chai tea, mango, ginger, cinammon and possibly something else but I'm not entirely sure.