Chillipepper

New member saying hi

10 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm new here and thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm in the UK and I've been practising yoga on and off for many years since I was taught by my Mum as a child. I taught myself a lot using books and videos, then started having private lessons with a qualified instructor, then decided to try a class. I rely a lot on my solitary home practice because my odd and long working hours don't always allow me to attend classes or lessons regularly.

I'm just here to connect with other people who are interested in yoga.

it's great that there seem to be people all over the world on this forum from what I've seen so far. Anyone else in the UK?

yogafire, Robbie, robert and 1 other like this

On 23/12/2015 at 11:09 AM, Chillipepper said:

Hello, I'm new here and thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm in the UK and I've been practising yoga on and off for many years since I was taught by my Mum as a child. I taught myself a lot using books and videos, then started having private lessons with a qualified instructor, then decided to try a class. I rely a lot on my solitary home practice because my odd and long working hours don't always allow me to attend classes or lessons regularly.

I'm just here to connect with other people who are interested in yoga.

it's great that there seem to be people all over the world on this forum from what I've seen so far. Anyone else in the UK?

Hi Chillipepper, I'm in the UK as well, south Wales. Practising on your own is a fine way to go, though I do find classes useful for sequencing ideas.

1 hour ago, robert said:

Hi Chillipepper, I'm in the UK as well, south Wales. Practising on your own is a fine way to go, though I do find classes useful for sequencing ideas.

Yes it's true, I have found classes and lessons to be excellent for sequencing ideas.

robert likes this

Welcome... I'm from Suffolk and I practice mostly at home.  My practice has been sporadic in the last few months due to a change of job but I'm slowly building up my regular practice. (All my aches and pains have returned).

This is a fabulous site and Candace has some wonderful training videos and blog..

yogafire and Chillipepper like this

Welcome, Chilipepper!

Also, welcome back mimisouth, nice to see you again!  I know exactly what you mean by all the aches and pains returning.  Why is it so hard to keep at it even though we know that the practice is also preventative for pain (rather than just relief)?

scottcraft likes this