ShannonCormier

Crow pose

8 posts in this topic

Hi Candace. I've been practicing yoga in my home via on-line videos for about a year. Just ran across ur 31-day strength project & am in week 2 now. My chosen strength pose is crow b/c I just cannot seem to get in it. Any help would be appreciated; I'm trying to attach a video below. Thank u. Looking forward to the next project & haven't even finished this one yet.

Shannon, I removed the downloadable file from your post as it could potentially (and unwittingly) contain malware that could easily spread to other members' computers.

The best alternative for sharing videos would be to upload the file to YouTube, or similar service, and then share the link. YouTube offers varying degrees of privacy for sharing your video.

Thanks 

Always make sure you are looking forward, not down when going into crow. Pull your belly in and grip into the floor with your fingertips! 

Using only 3rd party sites for content hosting is not a reliable way of avoiding malware. For example recently there has been an upsurge of malware distributed through large advertising networks, meaning that said malwere could show up on any site which uses adds from that service.

ANY media file can be a means of exploitation, if there is an error with the code that processes it. Lately there was the stagefright issue on android, allowing android phones to be hacked by simply sending them an MMS. The root problem of this issue is that systems today are becoming extremely complicated. If they are to be bulletproof in there security the code must be flawless, which is not at all easy to do.

Filtering media files by re-encoding them (as youtube etc does) can prevent volubilities from being exploited, but any 3rd or first  party media content at all could be a risk, even from large sites if the site gets hacked, which is no at all unheard of.

Shannon, I did see the video the other day. Then I tried to reply and everything disappeared. We really like it when people share their pictures and videos. You are much braver than I am!

You certainly looked strong enough for the pose. Just a little bit more learning and help maybe. Don't try doing that on the soft carpet floor. You need a good firm surface to support your hands. And read this to establish a strong base in your hands, this is very important http://yogabycandace.com/blog/2014/1/14/how-to-avoid-wrist-pain-in-yoga 

Stacking the knees on top of the arms isn't really correct. It will get a person into the pose but it isn't really a good way to do that one.

There is an old topic here that should help you. Be sure to read AnaTeresa's comment at the bottom as well http://forum.yogabycandace.com/topic/375-crow-pose-crane-bakasana-numerous-teachings/#comment-3222

If you have more questions or need help just ask.