kmontgomery0510

Best 30 Day Program for Beginner

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am trying to incorporate Yoga into my daily life, and I wanted to make it a habit by beginning one of the 30 Day Programs. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which is best for beginners? I am a busy mom with a full time job. I try to go running at least three times a week. I eventually want to work my way up to a mixture of running, yoga, and potentially some weight training each week. Any suggestions are appreciated!

In my opinion, it depends on your fitness goals. Do you want to become more flexibile? More mindful? Increase strength to get into tough poses? I think they are all good for beginners because Candace provides quite a few beginner options. Each challenge has a different focus though so it really depends on what you want! :)

yogafire likes this

You know... I was really struggling to decide what fitness goal is, but then I realized that right now my main goal is my mental health. I need to do one that will help with my anxiety. I know yoga in general is supposed to help with that, but if there is something out there specifically for anxiety that would be the thing for me right now.

The program to de-stress may suit your needs (but I didn't try this program yet).  Otherwise, I would suggest the mindful program.

What attracted me to do this program was that Candace asked us to specifically journal. I also deal with anxiety, and the mindful program helped me focus on slowing down thoughts that worried me and made me think instead about how yoga made me feel.  Like you said, I already knew yoga would help with anxiety, but journaling helped me better understand things about myself that I was working on (which in turn, lessened my anxiety in the long-run).

The prompt that worked for me was " What was your mindset before the practice? How did you feel after? " I logged quick notes each day on how I felt before and how I felt after practice (in the readers' blog area). I only wrote more if something during practice inspired me and triggered something within me (not every day).  

I also learned from other members participating in the program that they had missed some of the scheduled practice days, too, but, it turned out to be OK because there are built-in rest days.

It's already inspiring to hear that you already incorporate running on a regular basis while being a working mom. Hope yoga can be a good complement!