YogaByCandace

31 Day New You Yoga Program

33 posts in this topic

On 1/6/2016 at 3:59 PM, Lydia said:

I had trouble doing some (okay, ALL of them really haha) of the core exercises for Day 6 in the 15 minute video. Any suggestions for how to improve my core strength? I'm a beginner and very weak in my core (always have been) and I had difficulty rocking back and forth and even doing boat pose.

How did day 7 core work feel for you?  Your muscles will start to learn how to engage and be easier going forward (assuming you aren't suffering DOMS from the day before!).   The point of the core exercises are to improve core strength, so the only suggestion I have is to not be discouraged and keep trying, but at your own pace.  When I can't always do all of them either, I rest in the middle of reps and resume when I can, or, just do them more slowly with fewer reps overall than the rest of the class or video.

Just be mindful to not strain your neck trying to lift instead of using your core. And sometimes the cue to push my lower back to the ground helps me make sure I'm engaging the abs (lower I think?).

YogaByCandace and Lydia like this

On 1/8/2016 at 3:40 PM, yogafire said:

How did day 7 core work feel for you?  Your muscles will start to learn how to engage and be easier going forward (assuming you aren't suffering DOMS from the day before!).   The point of the core exercises are to improve core strength, so the only suggestion I have is to not be discouraged and keep trying, but at your own pace.  When I can't always do all of them either, I rest in the middle of reps and resume when I can, or, just do them more slowly with fewer reps overall than the rest of the class or video.

Just be mindful to not strain your neck trying to lift instead of using your core. And sometimes the cue to push my lower back to the ground helps me make sure I'm engaging the abs (lower I think?).

Thank you so much! That's really helpful. I wasn't able to do day 7 because my shoulder blade was kind of sore, but I am going to do it tomorrow! I will tell you how it goes. :)

YogaByCandace and yogafire like this

I am loving this yoga challenge so far and it have been really engaged and focused.. My aim was to have a consistent and worthwhile yoga practice which I have achieved.. I've been also working on a couple of poses that I don't like because I'm not great at them but my improvement has been great.. 

yogafire and sciteach78 like this

Skipped yesterday, but did Day 12 today.  Those leg poses!!!!  Working everyday on my supported headstand.  I live near Chicago and it was pretty cold today, so it just feels good to warm up and do some yoga.

YogaByCandace likes this

Just finished Day 26! Can't believe I have stuck with it this long.  Usually I start these challenges and fizzle out by day 3 or so.  I've seen a huge improvement in flexibility.  The pose I'm working on is pigeon.  When I first started I was so high off the ground I had to hold onto blocks because my hands couldn't reach the ground.  I don't need any blocks now and am only 2-3 inches off the ground.  I've even been able to do headstands without a wall a few times and held a forearm stand for about a second the other day but that is huge for me.  Thank you for this program Candace! Can't wait to see what is happening next month!

On 1/26/2016 at 10:43 AM, cegriest said:

Just finished Day 26! Can't believe I have stuck with it this long.  Usually I start these challenges and fizzle out by day 3 or so.  I've seen a huge improvement in flexibility.  The pose I'm working on is pigeon.  When I first started I was so high off the ground I had to hold onto blocks because my hands couldn't reach the ground.  I don't need any blocks now and am only 2-3 inches off the ground.  I've even been able to do headstands without a wall a few times and held a forearm stand for about a second the other day but that is huge for me.  Thank you for this program Candace! Can't wait to see what is happening next month!

SO happy to hear this!!!! So thrilled for your progress, congrats! 

Yoga challenge complete. I feel great and achieved some of the goals I set myself at the start.  It's great keeping a diary to look back.. Thanks Candace thoroughly enjoyed it and helped me get back on track with my regular practice...

yogafire and YogaByCandace like this