Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mimisouth

First unread post

5 posts in this topic

There used to be a button at the top of a post that said "go to first unread post". Do we still have that selection as I'm unable to see it! It was very useful for long posts..

jvanhouten likes this

If you're accessing posts from the Unread Content link (top right below heading bar), you might notice to the blue circle to the left of the post's subject line ...

5687ca1faa5c9_ScreenShot2016-01-02at7.59 ...

If this is a thread that you've posted in and a new post was added, the circle will change to a star.

If you click on either the circle or the star (not the text, for example "31 Day New..." ) you will go to the first unread post. Obviously, if it's a thread with many replies that you never read, the first unread post will be the first post in the very long thread. The star icon simply alerts you to a thread that you have posted in (and presumably would have interest in reading)

If you're reading it from the forum, for example Feedback & Suggestions, you might notice the links to the left of the post subject

5687cb18861a8_ScreenShot2016-01-02at8.04

As you can see, by hovering the mouse over the circle icon, the icon reveals what happens if you click. The links shown in this image that I've posted in (for example The personal blogs) shows a faint star, indicating that I had already read all the posts. 

Irrespective of the star or circle icon, once you've clicked on the thread, the next time you visit the forum list, the icon will be faint.

Does this make sense?

Nice! that's an elegant design, but, I had no idea that was its purpose until now.  Thanks for adding the screenshots. I had been relying on using the "Activity" tab but now I can use "Unread Content".

LarryD517 and MrBalloonHands like this