Kyoko

Orthopedic Problems & How To Live Yoga Life With Such Problems

3 posts in this topic

Orthopedic problems do occur esp. while we're working out. When I'm doing Downdog my shoulders feel fine but when I'm doing Reverse Triangle raised arm and the shoulder get numb. Can't do Camel with my Cervical Spondylosis on my neck & my hardened shoulders to reach far back. I modify poses as a result :-( Do you have chronic/long-term health problem that hinders your daily exercise? Do you all have such occasions to modify the poses? If so, what's the problems; how do you modify; and most importantly, how do you encourage yourself when your problems persist?

YogaByCandace and Kyoko like this

I used to get a weird sensation in my feet when on the elliptical machine. It felt like my feet were going numb. I realized it was my not really engaging my feet and only pressing down, rather than following through on the whole circular motion. Sort of hard to explain, but once I figured out how to engage my legs for the complete rotation of the machine, it went away. 

Kyoko likes this

Thanks, Candace❣

I think Stretching & elongating own body can be a great way to rehabilitate my type of symptoms but when trying to elongate, I often get to notice my bones're too hardened to even extend the bad arm, for instance. Nonetheless I'm blessed to have sensations in my arms & shoulders. Both of my left & right C-3 thronugh 6 got fused to cause nerve pains on my arms (esp. right) and left elbow's tennis elbow & left shoulder once got frozen. Ouch.

YogaByCandace likes this