scottcraft

Snapchat?

9 posts in this topic

Enlighten me on how this works please! I follow a few yogis on snapchat and I want to know how to respond to it. Like if I want to tell whoever that part of it was funny, how do I do that?

I think you can with the new update - which I don't have, so I'm useless in telling you how to do it. If you swipe left and they've set their account so they can accept snaps from everyone, then you should be able to send them a snap. (I have personally disabled this though just because I like to respond to people and right now feel like between instagram and youtube and facebook etc it's just too much for me right now.)

scottcraft likes this

42 minutes ago, YogaByCandace said:

I think you can with the new update - which I don't have, so I'm useless in telling you how to do it. If you swipe left and they've set their account so they can accept snaps from everyone, then you should be able to send them a snap. (I have personally disabled this though just because I like to respond to people and right now feel like between instagram and youtube and facebook etc it's just too much for me right now.)

Thanks Candace! I'll have to give it a try. I guess if I needed to I could ask a teenager for help!?

YogaByCandace likes this

9 hours ago, YogaByCandace said:

...because I like to respond to people and right now feel like between instagram and youtube and facebook etc it's just too much for me right now.)

It's funny how things work out, the best (IMHO) platform to communicate and carry on full discussions, is a web forum (here).

However, a quick check of the other platforms (specifically Facebook and Instagram, the only ones I follow) shows those have significantly more traffic. Even the YBC Blog seems to garner more traffic and that's a sister site to this forum.

Would be great if the traffic could find its way here, although not sure how.

scottcraft and YogaByCandace like this

@LarryD517 I would love to see more traffic on this forum also. As it is I enjoy reading here, but this is the slowest of the forums I participate in. As far as social media I like the informal and fast interaction. It's also a lot easier to share pictures and videos via Facebook and Instagram than it is on the forum. The ybc app is much easier also. Both certainly have there place and I use both a lot. 

YogaByCandace likes this

I guess it's too confusing or intimidating. People spend a lot of their online time at Facebook, etc., so it's pretty easy/natural to click a like button or fire off a quick reply. Forums, to the newbie, can appear unwieldy and it's easy to get lost. With the world moving to mobile, the gap between usability between an Instagram app and posting to a forum will only grow. 

I've been on forums for a long time, so they are relatively normal to use for me, but where I find a problem is putting pictures on here. I access this forum on my iPad and cell phone 90% of the time and from what I see there's no way to easily upload a picture from my phone or iPad. I know I can (and I do) upload my pictures to photobucket or something similar and put them here like that, but that's not as convenient from a mobile device, especially when your on the go. I think the real problem is I've gotten spoiled by the number of forums that use tapatalk and I don't want to go the long route, lol. 

I can ask Greg what, if anything, can be done about quickly adding photos from iphone/ipad. I believe (but am not 100% sure) that the problem is that it costs to host larger files, which is why we encourage the photobucket route. I think as traffic grows the forum will make enough money to cover the cost of hosting larger files but as of right now it's just barely covering the fees to maintain the site. I've encouraged people to pop on over here from the 31 day program, in the hopes that they'll discover other threads they like. Promotion is a weird thing - you have to do it in a way in which you're not shoving it down people's throats, haha. It isn't easy, but I'll keep plugging it now and then and hopefully it'll grow organically... 

afriske and scottcraft like this

Thanks @YogaByCandace! Quick and easy picture uploading would be nice, but I can make it just fine without it. I'm hoping the forum grows pretty well this year. This is such a great community we have here I hope more people get to experience it!

afriske and MrBalloonHands like this