ZillaRac

Slipperyness

4 posts in this topic

Ok I know the title is not officially a word haha

I've recently bought a lululemon yoga towel for my mat because I slip and slide all over the place. I haven't really practiced with it though  (I'm scared to devirginise it ?) I've only done a downward dog on it and so far so goood!

What are your experiences with towels or any tips on being a slip and slide?

As someone that sweats a TON in class, I always had the same issue where if I didn't use a towel, I would slide all over the place. I tried the Lulu mat, among others, and always still would slide out of poses with my excessive moisture on the mat. I resigned to having to use a towel in addition to the mat. Then an instructor showed me this mat here.  It's very pricey, but is by far the best non-slip mat i've ever used. I no longer need to use a towel with my mat and don't slide at all. It's fantastic!

On 1/4/2016 at 2:24 PM, LarryD517 said:

Try using the Jade Harmony mat

It's very sticky

I have to second this. I personally have a Manduka Pro, which I love because of the level of sturdy cushion it provides. But if I am in a power yoga class I sweat a lot. Like  a LOT. And I definitely still slide. The Jade mats are super grippy, and while I haven't actually tried one in a power yoga class, I can tell just based on the feel, that you won't be sliding anywhere on that bad boy. Hoping to add it to my collection one of these days.

I hate the idea of a towel, because it just seems like it would bunch up and get in the way, so I'd prefer the idea of getting a Jade travel mat (super thin) to use on top of my Manduka for those really sweaty classes.