Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yogafire

Headband Alternative For Short Hair?

4 posts in this topic

I have some short bangs and chin length hair, so using a hair tie doesn't work until my hair grows out.  Whenever I try some of the elastic headbands, the hair behind my ears poofs out and looks silly if I try to leave the rest of my hair down.  

Do those with short hair use anything to keep your hair out of your face during practice that isn't a headband? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

YogaByCandace and Oak like this

Great topic! I have shoulder length hair, which the front just falls out of the pony tail. Headbands often bother me, though bobby pins sometimes help. Often I have been doing class with my hair down and accepting that by the end of the class I will look like a hot mess. 

Maybe a french braid?  If you don't already know how, there are tons of how-to videos on youtube and it takes a little practice.  It's the only way I can get my shorter layers on the top of my head to stay put but it does mean I have to rock a braid for the rest of the day unless I slick them down with gel or revert to wearing headbands.

Good suggestions! Sadly, I am not coordinated enough to french braid my own hair since I already have trouble making a smooth ponytail (that's why I cut my hair! ha!), but that makes a lot of sense to get the shorter layers out of the way.

Bobby pins sound like a simple and fast solution. I wonder if snap barrette clips would be more secure, or would they look less fashionable?  I found some images below of the barrettes but can't find anyone wearing them in the front!

40MMSNAP.jpg