yogafire

Doing tree pose with eyes closed

4 posts in this topic

I forgot which video or class I tried this in, but, it was wild for me.  I fell right away. Is this in anyone's practice regularly? I was wondering if finding balance while eyes closed will help me find the balancing point in inversions? I realized in inversions, I'm not looking at anything specific point but trying to "feel" it.

afriske likes this

Yes!! I love this! I tend to have pretty exceptional balance since I went through so so so much physical therapy for my ankles - we did all the standing exercises on those bosu balls, including with my eyes closed. It's a real challenge to balance with your eyes closed, but man is it fun!

I'd imagine that it would help because it gives you a better sense of where your body is in space by feel. Now, I say that and I can't hold a handstand for more than a second... but it certainly can't hurt!

yogafire and robert like this

Wow.. on a bosu ball! I guess it makes sense, whenever we roll our ankles and stumble, we aren't focusing on a single spot on the floor or in front of us! I think I'll start with floor first.. it is just a huge mind warp for me at the moment!

brenskip55 likes this

This is really interesting. I wonder if it does? I love Candace's 20 minute blindfolded yoga video. Having your eyes closed heightens your other senses (which normally are less stimulated) and allows you to surrender and feel what your body is doing. It's a whole different experience.