yogamanwithquestions

need tony sanchez quote

3 posts in this topic

Could someone please provide me with the exact quote from the Tony Sanchez Classic 84 Asanas poster.

This quote is from the original Bishnu Ghosh school and explains the purpose of yoga as a means to awaken the primal energy responsible for creating consciousness.

The poster can be referenced here: 84LG.jpg

thanks.

I'm not familiar with these styles or school, but, perhaps it's a quote from a previous teacher? This won't be the exact quote since I've never seen the poster before, but I found the following from here:

Yogi Matsyendranath is acknowledged as the first human hatha yoga instructor. His chief disciple, Gorakh Nath, was guru to Yogi Swatmarama, author of Hatha yoga Pridapika.

"The main objective of Hatha yoga is to create an absolute balance of the interacting activities and processes of the physical body, mind and energy. When this balance is created, the impulses generated give a call of awakening to the central force, which is responsible for the evolution of human consciousness. If yoga is not used for this purpose its true objective is lost."

Swami Muktibodhananda Saraswati,                            
 Commentary, 1985 translation,
Hatha Yoga Pradipika