aprilharry

WeightLifting, Building muscle and wanting to start yoga

4 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I have tried Yoga a couple times and loved it. I'm currently lifting weights and heavy to build muscle. I was wanting to start yoga to help my body and emotions. I deal with a lot of emotional balance and lifting weights helps with stress and depression. I hope to find the right way to go.

Thank You

April Harry

YogaByCandace likes this

Hi @aprilharry! I can say that yoga definitely offers tools to deal with emotional imbalance and depression. It's the very reason I keep getting back on my mat, and the reason I teach yoga - to bring that same sense of peace and comfort to my students. I wrote all about it in one of my latest blogs here. I hope you are able to find the balance you are looking for in your yoga practice. Wishing you the best on your journey!

aprilharry and YogaByCandace like this

Welcome, @aprilharry! You've come to the right place for some ideas and feedback. I definitely think yoga will help with emotional stability and mild depression. It may also help with your lifts as well - especially the breathwork and increased range of motion. I would start with something very gentle like a restorative practie. I also just started a new video series called Yoga for Olympic Lifters. Even if you're not an Oly lifter, it should still be helpful. The first one is for chest/shoulder mobility. Feel free to ask lots of questions here in the forum as you start your practice- everyone here is so kind and knowledgeable and happy to help.

aprilharry likes this

10 hours ago, YogaByCandace said:

Welcome, @aprilharry! You've come to the right place for some ideas and feedback. I definitely think yoga will help with emotional stability and mild depression. It may also help with your lifts as well - especially the breathwork and increased range of motion. I would start with something very gentle like a restorative practie. I also just started a new video series called Yoga for Olympic Lifters. Even if you're not an Oly lifter, it should still be helpful. The first one is for chest/shoulder mobility. Feel free to ask lots of questions here in the forum as you start your practice- everyone here is so kind and knowledgeable and happy to help.

On January 26, 2016 at 10:27 AM, brenskip55 said:

Hi @aprilharry! I can say that yoga definitely offers tools to deal with emotional imbalance and depression. It's the very reason I keep getting back on my mat, and the reason I teach yoga - to bring that same sense of peace and comfort to my students. I wrote all about it in one of my latest blogs here. I hope you are able to find the balance you are looking for in your yoga practice. Wishing you the best on your journey!

Thank you both so much. I will defiantly start off with the restorative and try some others and I will also be purchasing as well. 

brenskip55 likes this