Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DanaHayes

Hello from sunny Hilton Head Island, SC!

3 posts in this topic

Hey ya'll! I have been so incredibly enthused by mindfulness, meditation, mind management, personal development, etc. I have been working on a morning routine of writing, studying (I'm studying to become a CFP), meditating and exercising. The only problem is, literally no form of exercise has tickled my fancy and I can already do a few great yoga poses just from working on them totally randomly time and time again (crow and head stands). I've been doing headstands, walking on my hands and back bends since I was in first grade and that all comes pretty easily to me now. SO I had an aha moment the other day and realized DUH I NEED TO DO YOGA!!! Especially in the mornings since I've already gotten the get-up-2-hrs-earlier than you have to routine (5am to be exact :/). I'm so freaking excited to begin. Not to mention I couldn't have found a better site than this one to begin my journey! 

brenskip55 and scottcraft like this

Hello! It sounds like Ashtanga might be your thing. This is the video that inspired me: Ashtanga Yoga: Healing and Liberation

Ashtanga yoga offers much more than the acrobatics. It is one of the origins of yoga from thousands of years ago. This is a Yoga Journal link to the 8 limbs of yoga or Ashta yoga.

You should know there are some seemingly small and innocent looking things in yoga that can cause some very serious injuries. Like knees literally tore apart over the years, back injuries. It is really important to learn the basics very well first, and this can take years. I write this because it sounds like you may be able to do some advanced yoga poses now which is fine. But there could be some small things that you don’t realize and at some point it may cause a very bad injury. Not meant to scare anyone, just so you are aware.

Let us know if you have any questions to get started.

Hildegard likes this