YogaByCandace

29 Day February Program

13 posts in this topic

HI,

So I have been trying to think all week on what my goal is for this challenge. I know that I want to work on flexibility, and honestly I am new to really practicing yoga (I have taken classes about once a week but that was before I had my baby who is now almost 2) I work out 5 times a week and have started cross country skiing on top of that, so I am an active person I think, and would say about average flexibility. I really want to be able to do crow pose but just don’t know if that would be an attainable goal for me to set.

Any advice? Or any pose ideas that would be a good goal for a somewhat newbie?

thanks for the help. Kelly

YogaByCandace likes this

On 2/6/2016 at 8:18 PM, Missyjean said:

Any advice? Or any pose ideas that would be a good goal for a somewhat newbie?

Hey Kelly! I think crow would be a fine pose to choose! It requires a lot of hip flexibility which will be great to work on considering that cross country skiing can be tough on the hips. Crow also requires a good amount of core and upper body strength so given that you're into working out, you either may already have the strength or maybe that'll be something that you can work on during your workouts as well! I like crow for you!

Missyjean likes this

Thanks Candace. I have been getting closer to holding the pose longer.

Sadly I took off most of last week because I got a head cold and turning my face to the floor made me feel like my head was going to explode. :( but yesterday’s Yin Yoga was exactly what I was needing after feeling bad about not really being into my weight workout at lunch. It made me feel great.

yogafire and YogaByCandace like this

Hi everyone so I found this blog for a couple of years now but never in a daily basis, this is going to be the first challenge that I will finish 100% (happy, happy).

Before Candace I didn't know where and how to start yoga practice.Now everyday (very quickly) I feel my body doing things I thought I wasn't able to do, so everyone who's out there that's feeling that they can't do this, just take one day at a time and BREATHE... that's the secret (and the excellent explanations that Candace gives)

This was so much fun. I can’t believe how much I have been able to do. I can not only hold crow pose now but I was able to transition from crow to tripod and then up into and hold a HEADSTAND. I never thought that I would be able to do that, let alone hold it. I am excited to start the 31 day strength project. (I know it’s an old one but being new to the blog/community I haven’t done it)

Thank you so much Candace for the work you do, I love that I can go back to your old projects and give it a try.

Kelly

mimisouth likes this