Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anahata

2 Hours of Yoga in 2 minutes, Interesting Video

12 posts in this topic

Funny...but a bit too fast to get any benefit from watching. 

(and I know it's not a swastika, but, dang, it's tough to see that symbol and not have it effect you)

17 hours ago, LarryD517 said:

Funny...but a bit too fast to get any benefit from watching. 

(and I know it's not a swastika, but, dang, it's tough to see that symbol and not have it effect you)

It probably is a swastika. It was a Hindu symbol long before the Nazis blighted it. Looks like people are trying to claim it back.

16 hours ago, Robbie said:

Looks like people are trying to claim it back.

Good point. Hopefully more awareness can help: thousands of years of multiple cultures using the swastika (multiple orientations).  

I was also bothered when I first saw this on top of multiple Buddhist temples. Then I realized the swastika retains its original meaning when it's horizontal - the Nazis rotated it for their own purposes. Hope this helps differentiate the two.

TwoSwastikas.jpg

swastika.jpg

Robbie likes this

Yeah, but to me it's like certain words that forever have lost their meaning.

For example, gay, in the old days, used to mean someone or something that was bright, carefree bright and showy, but today, it has a different meaning.

Wow - how absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing this @Anahata I tried an Ashtanga Primary video once and destroyed my wrist attempting only a fraction of the pick up jump back/pick up jump throughs, and haven't tried since. But I absolutely love to watch it. Some day perhaps I will try again.

Brenna, Thank you. There are many options for the vinyasa. Sit in Dandasana, a simple bump up, step forward and step back, or a combination of any for how you are feeling at the time. Purple Valley, link in the video above, has videos for all of these. If Ashtanga is taught and practiced with compassion it is a beautiful practice. Some of the strict teaching methods are very harsh, I don't think yoga was ever intended to be that way.

Everyone else, Nazis? What is this? This is a video of a yoga class in India and the teacher is black woman. This is about as far removed from Nazism as it could be. Is there something in the video that I am not seeing? I checked the link and it is the correct video.

brenskip55 likes this

@Anahata if you look in the front of the room there is a swastika made up of yellow and red flowers - that is what they are referring to. What everyone else is missing is that this symbol has been used by the Hindus, long before Hitler was even a whisper in his mother's ear, and it's original meaning is actually peace, or "all is well". It was later adopted and altered by the Nazis.

It's amazing. I think this video maker should be very professional yogi, because he/she has captured all the position perfectly. Good job..!!