Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robert

Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

4 posts in this topic

Thus far my experience with increasing the range of motion in my hamstrings has been:

- Stretch them for several days

- After a while the muscles feel sore when I wake up and my range of motion decreases

- The soreness goes away after a few days and I find my range of motion has increased.

I found the following article which describes it as Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness, howeaver it does not draw a clear conclusion as to weather it's an indicator of pushing too far, or a necessary part of progress. http://www.ekhartyoga.com/blog/sore-muscles-after-yoga

Has anyone else experienced this?

yogafire likes this

Oo! I remembered having the same question, and, I found it (below) after doing a search!   Seems like as long as it's not sharp and limiting your range of movement, it's normal.  I don't have it every single time now, but, it really used to be after every session in the beginning for me.

Thanks for the link, interesting to know. Generally it does limit my range of motion for a few days, until it goes away. At that point range of motion typically increases over where I started.