Lorelei

In Need of Retreat -

26 posts in this topic

So... I am just sending out good retreat vibes, Candace.  I have had a HELL of a 2016 so far, and a Christmas present from my husband toward a yoga retreat is burning a hole in my pocket.  Let's just say that I am ready to jump on a plane soon to practice, relax, and enjoy some peaceful healing in a lovely space.  No pressure on the schedule, though. :) 

Yes - me too! Been saving up to be able to do a nice getaway for myself. Promised myself to do it this year . Maybe I'll see you there!

Lorelei likes this

Weird, I could've sworn I replied to this thread but I don't see my response! :( Anyway, I just had said that you guys are the BEST, and we had a phone call w a venue on Friday - need to talk with Lauren and see how that went. And then I'm looking into another venue as well. The difference is price and pampering (what do you guys tend to lean towards? High end and have everything taken care of for you? Or mid-range, and still have most things taken care of for you?) Any and all suggestions of length of time are welcome. Can't make any promises, but I'll keep them in mind! Thinking April...

Lorelei, Robbie and yogafire like this

Aargh!  I just saw this.  Totally off kilter state of mind here. I would totally love a mid-range retreat for a long weekend in a lovely, peace and heart healing induced setting. How does that sound?  Haha!  If something gets planned on a weekend that I can come, I am totally IN!  I'll even help in any way needed!!

brenskip55 and YogaByCandace like this

On 2/19/2016 at 1:41 PM, YogaByCandace said:

Details will be emailed out this weekend and formally introduced next week :) 

Oh.  My.  I am excited and terrified to report........I just signed up.  

Yes @YogaByCandace love that!

@Lorelei I just signed up too and got the same terrified excited feeling. I'm not a big solo traveler, but I'm so looking forward to taking a trip just for me. :) I even booked a group room to force myself to stop being such a hermit and MEET PEOPLE.

Looking forward to meeting both of you - see you in May!

Lorelei, yogafire and YogaByCandace like this

4 hours ago, brenskip55 said:

Yes @YogaByCandace love that!

@Lorelei I just signed up too and got the same terrified excited feeling. I'm not a big solo traveler, but I'm so looking forward to taking a trip just for me. :) I even booked a group room to force myself to stop being such a hermit and MEET PEOPLE.

Looking forward to meeting both of you - see you in May!

Haha. Looking forward to meeting you too!  Gotta admit, I'm excited about my single room. Excited to meet people and to also have some quiet time.

5 hours ago, YogaByCandace said:

Well you know what they say.... (source)

So psyched to meet you in person!! It's going to be such a wonderful time. :13:

True, true, true!  Excited to meet you in person too.  Such a well-timed event.  I am doing something good for me and going for it.  

I still have to pinch myself when I think about this retreat!  I do believe that this opportunity happened with freaky perfect timing. I always said that when my mom finally went to her peace, I'd run away for a little while. I'm so lucky to have a husband who encouraged me to sign up. It was hard to make the jump to invest so much time away and funds for me. I am excited to meet everyone, and I'm so looking forward to meeting Candace and Lauren. To be surrounded by wonderful people in a beautif setting for a peaceful purpose. Aahhhh. ?

Can't wait to find out more and to book the flight. Yayyy!!

So glad both Lorelei and Brenna are going! It was definitely enticing to sign up, too, with fellow forum members.  Just not meant for me this year. :( 

I still want to hear all about it! :) 

Lorelei and YogaByCandace like this

50 minutes ago, yogafire said:

So glad both Lorelei and Brenna are going! It was definitely enticing to sign up, too, with fellow forum members.  Just not meant for me this year. :( 

I still want to hear all about it! :) 

Thanks, yogafire!  Your year will come!  Sending you good thoughts.

YogaByCandace and yogafire like this

Candace, I'm getting antsy to book a flight for Costa Rica. ? Can you tell what time the shuttle heads to the retreat center or any other info to help make travel plans?  This is my first time planning like this. 

YogaByCandace likes this

I logged into Trip Tribe and it said to book flights landing anytime between 9am and 5pm at SJO, so I went ahead and booked already... I hope I didn't jump the gun!

YogaByCandace and Lorelei like this

35 minutes ago, brenskip55 said:

I logged into Trip Tribe and it said to book flights landing anytime between 9am and 5pm at SJO, so I went ahead and booked already... I hope I didn't jump the gun!

Thank you, Brenskip55. I had not noticed the update. 

@Lorelei Sorry for the delay! Today has been a busy day and it's the first time I've checked in on the forum. Yep, @brenskip55 is right. :) TripTribe is handling all logistics, so I'm actually in the same boat as all of you. I'm still debating on flights, I may come down a few days earlier, but if not I'll see you at the airport! I can't wait to meet you both in person!

Lorelei likes this

2 hours ago, YogaByCandace said:

@Lorelei Sorry for the delay! Today has been a busy day and it's the first time I've checked in on the forum. Yep, @brenskip55 is right. :) TripTribe is handling all logistics, so I'm actually in the same boat as all of you. I'm still debating on flights, I may come down a few days earlier, but if not I'll see you at the airport! I can't wait to meet you both in person!

Alright, @YogaByCandace and @brenskip55.  My flight is booked.  Happy to share arrival info so as to meet for a juice / glass of wine as itineraries allow!  

YogaByCandace likes this

@Lorelei  great idea! I think I land later in the day like 3 or 4. Can't wait to meet you guys for real! I was pretty stoked to find that the best deal happened to be a direct flight - wahoo! All the pieces just keep falling into place :)

Lorelei and YogaByCandace like this