Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mimisouth

YBC App

8 posts in this topic

Candace as the exclusive section grows on the YBC App are there any plans to introduce a contents section? Especially for the videos to make it easier to find the workout you are looking for?

Hi Mimi! I'm not sure I understand the question - I'm looking at my exclusive section and it has those little round pictures with the date underneath and the content genre within it - video, meditation, etc - can you see this as well? Currently, there aren't any other ways to organize the content, but with the dates below and having them go in chronological order, I figured the best way to refer to specific videos from the 30 day challenges by the date they were released. Does that help at all? 

Apologies for my confusion I meant what the actual video is about.  On your YouTube channel you organise videos by length and genre. I can see if it is a video but you have to download the video to see what it is and for how long.

yogafire likes this

Ohh I see now! There isn't a way, currently, to put in more information. The app we have is kind of created like a template so the foundation is there, and any changes take months for our developers to create. I will definitely bring it up to them at our next meeting though, because you're right - kind of a bummer not to be able to see right off the bat what the video is about or the length of time. I have creative control of the images that are used, though, so I'll see if maybe we can start fitting that info in - I'm not sure if that'll work well because it's such a small area, but I'll definitely look into it! Thanks so much for bringing it up!

yogafire and mimisouth like this

Sounds good.. Maybe you would consider adding a tracking section on your app.. I've been investigating an app to record my yoga practice (date, length and type/style) which gives a monthly and rolling annual calculation of hours and sessions practiced but there is anything suitable.

YogaByCandace likes this

Candace, I'd assume that your 'months of delay' is due to scheduling around other stuff your developer is doing. 

While I don't work in the industry any more, I feel learning to code is one of the best things I did. I love being able to implement ideas without waiting on others.

YogaByCandace and yogafire like this

4 hours ago, mimisouth said:

Sounds good.. Maybe you would consider adding a tracking section on your app.. I've been investigating an app to record my yoga practice (date, length and type/style) which gives a monthly and rolling annual calculation of hours and sessions practiced but there is anything suitable.

I wish I had time (or desire, I know, that's horrible!) to learn or want to learn to code! but as it is, my plate is just full...and we're under contract. :)

mimisouth, yogafire and robert like this

On 2/9/2016 at 5:47 PM, YogaByCandace said:

I wish I had time (or desire, I know, that's horrible!) to learn or want to learn to code! 

Ha! you are definitely being true to yourself. Not everyone has or should have the desire! You just need to hire Robert on the side ;), or someone more closely vested to the product! (Just teasing, it's a good learning to know that these things are under contracts!)

YogaByCandace likes this