Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mimisouth

Yoga Tracking App

5 posts in this topic

I'm looking for an app that will enable me to record my yoga activity.  Very basic app, that will record the date, length and type of yoga.  It doesn't need to have any yoga content or videos but not bothered if it does as long as there is a section to record yoga.

Has anyone come across something that would fit the bill.  

Thanks

Hi Mimi, does the mindbody scheduling system dominate most studios in the UK like it does in the US?  At first I thought it was an awful interface for booking online, but, now that they launched an app, my studio checks me in automatically, and all my class attendance appears in my history. As an added bonus, it syncs up with my fitbit to tell me my average heart rate... but, my workouts are not that cardio intensive. I'm attaching screenshot. It's not as comprehensive because the other studio I went to in January did not track my history automatically.

But if you're also doing home workouts, then I think just logging the data in a google sheet that you can edit from any device (phone or computer) would be easier to customize for your needs. Google sheets is excellent for version control - otherwise you can wait until you get home and use the same Excel file on your computer. Whenever I export the data from an app, it's in spreadsheet format. An app is supposed to be convenient for logging this info automatically, which I think can only happen with a yoga studio synced with an app. That's why I think you can just skip the app step and log it in a spreadsheet.

mindbody history.png

mimisouth likes this