Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
allieoxenfree

Iifym

4 posts in this topic

Hi yoga pals! Does anybody else do IIFYM? I started doing it about two months ago, and I am freaking obsessed!!! I feel like I eat tons of food, can eat whatever I want, and the weight is falling off! I only have about 15-20 lbs to lose, and I have already lost 8, which is crazy to me.

So, other IIFYM peeps, any place you like to go to get low-carb, high-protein meals ideas? Any suggestions for how to make buying groceries any cheaper?? Lol, buying enough meat to protein-up my husband and me is crrrrazy compared to the primarily vegetarian, high-carb diet we were eating before we started IIFYM.

I have a friend that's started counting his macros - all so confusing!

Personally I'm Paleo - it's easier!

Ha, I could see that! That sounds way harder to me, honestly--cutting out food groups totally would immediately make me want to eat ONLY those food groups, haha.

Any paleo recipes you like a lot?

It was really hard the first week or so but then you get into it. I found it easier to be restrictive so I could be more disciplined - I wouldn't recommend joining the gym and starting a crazy fitness routine at the same time :wacko:

There's 2 recipes that have helped out immensely.

One, is these amazing Paleo cookies - http://paleomg.com/soft-chewy-double-chocolate-cookies I introduced these after 6 weeks because even though it's palm sugar, I wanted to keep away from processed food as much as possible.

The other was these little tortilla wraps - http://www.paleonewbie.com/paleo-gluten-free-tortillas-recipe These were a lifesaver when in came to BBQs over the Summer. No bread buns for me! They're great in place of a hotdog bun, and a burger bun!