Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shonmao

Need Help?

8 posts in this topic

Member name: Shonmao, RL Name: Jay. I look forward to see how the community develops. I like the software you use, the other forum software I've been exposed to has felt a bit clunky. This is the toolbar as I see it. I had a rough time getting it into FB in order to share it.I also don't seem to have access to my media or options to upload the images from my HD.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154715597315244&set=a.10151088496230244.775124.760695243&type=3&theater

Please post help questions here. I am more than happy to talk with anyone about any issues that occur while using the forum. You may also PM me if you choose to keep it more private. Thanks. :15:

For connecting your account to Facebook, you need to go to "my profile". You can find this if you put your cursor over your user name in the top right corner of the screen above the header and logo. 

Once you are on the "my profile" page, you want to click "edit profile" of the right hand side. 

Once you are in the "edit profile" page, you will next need to click the "manage Facebook" tab on the left column of the page. Hopefully you can follow the instructions on this page to connect to your Facebook account. Once that is set up, you should have no problem sharing post on the forum. 

I hope this is helpful for one of your two problems at least. Let me know if you still have troubles. 

I will look into the downloads restrictions for you as well and get back to you. 

Thanks

How do you quote a previous post? Every time I've tried it doesn't work. I'm sure there is something very simple I'm not doing...

Thanks

Michelle

How do you quote a previous post? Every time I've tried it doesn't work. I'm sure there is something very simple I'm not doing...

Thanks

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

I think we can resolve this. If you look at the bottom right corner of the post you would like to quote. You should have a "MultiQuote" option and a "Quote" option. If you only want to quote one comment, simply click the "quote" button and a reply box with the quote should appear. If you want to quote more than one comment from the thread, you click the "MultiQuote" button. 

If you have already tried this and it is not working for you, please direct message me and we can work out the problem together. Maybe the forum software is having issues with specific devices you are using or browser. Either way, let me know if this helps. Thanks.

Hi Michelle,

I think we can resolve this. If you look at the bottom right corner of the post you would like to quote. You should have a "MultiQuote" option and a "Quote" option. If you only want to quote one comment, simply click the "quote" button and a reply box with the quote should appear. If you want to quote more than one comment from the thread, you click the "MultiQuote" button. 

If you have already tried this and it is not working for you, please direct message me and we can work out the problem together. Maybe the forum software is having issues with specific devices you are using or browser. Either way, let me know if this helps. Thanks.

Like this?

Wow it worked!! ...

As a seasoned web forum participant, the best advice I can give when quoting is to edit the quoted material and only display the relevant item that you are responding to (as I did in the quoted item here).

For example, if a person asks ten questions, but you are only replying to one of them, after clicking the quote button, delete the extraneous questions from the quoted item. This will highlight the specific area you are addressing. 

Overly lengthy replies (long quotes of long quotes, etc.) tend to clutter up a thread and some visitors might glaze over and ignore the discussion.