laceyd

What's Your Favorite Pose?

55 posts in this topic

I'm really curious what other yogis favorite poses are.

I'll go first, my very favorite is pigeon pose! I have always loved it and the the poses that follow like mermaid. I'm enjoying working my way to king pigeon. Dolphin is another favorite! Last but not least tripod because it's fun and a big goal of mine is to achieve a solid headstand, tripod and dolphin are getting me there! :)

So what are some of your favorite poses?

I really love pigeon, tastes like chicken (I'm sorry for that one, I always think this when I hear anyone say pigeon for some reason). I love headstand and forearm stand against the wall. I'm working toward doing them away from the wall and am close! 

I'm really curious what other yogis favorite poses are.

I'll go first, my very favorite is pigeon pose!

:18: Same here!

laceyd likes this

Great topic! 

I love the feeling of being upside down - headstands, handstands, forearm stands, backbends (I sort of feel upside down)

that's another reason I love tripod so much cause of being upside! I'm working my way to headstand, handstands and forearm stands. My upper body strength isn't there yet. I'm also focusing on crow. But I can't seem to get it right lol
YogaByCandace likes this

One of my all-time favorite poses is definitely crow pose. Once I was able to get into it and hold it for more breaths, I felt really strong and confident. I remember when I first started practicing yoga and I posted a picture of an elderly lady in crow pose; I pinned it to my yoga Pinterest board and captioned it as "I'll get here one day!" Feels good that that day has come! =)

Turi, Linda, Melanie and 3 others like this

I love postures that stretch the obliques, like Triangle and Extended Side Angle. I also love arm balances and inversions--Galavasana, Hurdlers, and Eight Angle are some of my faves, and I'm constantly working on making Forearm Stand and Handstand stronger. I also want to be able to straighten my arms in Crow, but my wrists are so tight, that's a long-term goal.

YogaByCandace and laceyd like this

One of my all-time favorite poses is definitely crow pose. Once I was able to get into it and hold it for more breaths, I felt really strong and confident. I remember when I first started practicing yoga and I posted a picture of an elderly lady in crow pose; I pinned it to my yoga Pinterest board and captioned it as "I'll get here one day!" Feels good that that day has come! =)Ditto

Ditto :54: :54: :54:

Meugenio and laceyd like this

I really enjoy forward fold and dancers pose ( I'm not too good at dancers but I love how it feels) :) another pose I find yummy is lizard pose

I'm not to good at dancer pose yet either but I too love how it feels. I see it becoming a fav once I can get it perfected.
Nix likes this

I love camel best and I also like full lotus. I've been sitting in lotus pose (eating and/or watching tv ;)) all my live, so this one comes easy to me.

laceyd likes this

Hi  :47:

i'm always ended up doing Pigeon, downward dog, dancer pose and on the top Forward fold i just love this pose cause since i started yoga in march-April,  forward fold was a challenge for me(still is a challenge) but i love how my body has achieve little by little this pose . 

laceyd likes this

I love wide-legged forward bend, especially with the arms clasped behind the back and falling away from the back. Ahhh, bliss! It feels like everything is stretching and releasing at the same time...a yummy stretch combined with a feeling of freedom is so good. I also love pigeon, lizard and splits. I just love the feeling of being stretched out in the hamstrings and hips. 

I love good old forward bend and pretty much any variation of it.  I tend to do it at work as a little break from sitting at my desk. I also love piegon (my hips need the help) and half moon (I love the feeling of so much opening).

YogaByCandace and laceyd like this