AnandaYoga

Does anyone...

8 posts in this topic

...ever think about how much you love yoga, how much it has changed your life, how much your practice has progressed, etc. and literally just want to break down in tears? I've been having a lot of these moments lately and want to give back to this amazing thing and help others experience it, but sometimes it just is so overwhelming I can't do anything but sob!

Hope I'm not insane...;)

There have been multiple times that whatever issue I was working through in my life happened to be a theme or sutra my teacher talked about in class that day.  When I think about it and get overwhelmed by feelings of gratitude, I do get tears in my eyes. Tears help release, go ahead and sob. :)

msinkblot, brenskip55 and afriske like this

Same here. That's the reason I do it all the time and want to teach it! I was actually thinking about this today. I was on Easter holiday for a couple weeks and I was just traveling so much and staying in hostels, so I didn't do my yoga practice (I missed it dearly). I did my practice yesterday and today but today, I just felt so good and overwhelmed by something I couldn't explain. I didn't tear up or anything, but I just smiled, and I literally don't even remember why. I think I was doing bridge pose of all things. But hey, that open heart energy can work wonders! 

Glad we are all together in this. <3

yogafire likes this

I feel like this all the time. I had pancreatitis  2 years ago (this month). They still do not know why and at the time I really had to learn to adjust my diet. But nothing helped as much as regular yoga practice. I started following YBC  in October/November last year - at that time I was still having stomach issues. In January my mother said to me, "how has your stomach been, I haven't heard you complaining". I honestly feel that yoga helped me in a way that nothing else has. And not only with the stomach issues but in every area of my life. I feel good. I hear myself all the time going on and on to people about the benefits of yoga and trying to get them to just try it.

I was trying to find it on pinterest.... but there is one of those memes that says something like.... "All of my friends complain about not feeling good, and are freaking out about their lives, and I'm just like, "there's a yoga pose for that!"

yogafire and brenskip55 like this

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 5:38 AM, kayla said:

I was trying to find it on pinterest.... but there is one of those memes that says something like.... "All of my friends complain about not feeling good, and are freaking out about their lives, and I'm just like, "there's a yoga pose for that!"

Yes! I love that one! And it's so true :)

kayla likes this