Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IckWicky

Bliss and what asanas or practices cause it

3 posts in this topic

Someone once explained that "enlightenment" is not an on or off switch that you just have on permanently once you first reach it. It is a state of mind like any other state, so it ebbs and flows. Some people find it with meditation, other with yoga asanas as a moving meditation.

You don't have to focus on a specific kind of practice, just notice how you feel different after a yoga class and enjoy that shift.  Sure, it may not be permanent, but practicing makes you realize you can easily get it back, and that makes life so much more bearable. 

brenskip55 and Hildegard like this

There are some moments when I"m doing my yoga practice that I feel I'm completely present and inside my body. I feel the yoga flow through me and it's a wonderful feeling! :) In that sense, I do feel that yoga is more a moving meditation more than everything. And as with any form of meditative activity, there are periods where you feel more 'at one' with yourself and periods where it is hard to get on your mat. For me, the yoga practice is a good way to 'reset' myself in any case so I feel more at peace, even if it's a few minutes of it.

brenskip55 and Hildegard like this