Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Autumn

Snapchat

5 posts in this topic

Hello Candace, 

I watch your snap everyday! Always makes me laugh!  I just wanted to show you these workout gloves I found on pinterest. You asked if anyone had solutions for your hands getting torn up while you lift heavy weights and I just saw these for you. hope this helps! 

Screenshot_20160407-233415.png

yogafire and YogaByCandace like this

Ah you're the best! Thanks so much! I have grips that I use for gymnastics stuff like pull-ups, etc, but I don't like lifting weights with gloves - they just feel too uncomfortable :(

One of my friends recommended some sort of stone he keeps in the shower? I have to look more into that, I have no idea what he was talking about haha.

Thanks again!! <3 

Autumn likes this

@YogaByCandace Just guessing - was your friend talking about a pumice stone? You could use that to remove calluses that have formed, but I'd think you'd want to keep the calluses so that you don't keep breaking skin or getting blisters. .. So maybe I'm thinking the wrong thing.

YogaByCandace likes this

Yeah! I thought the same thing, both thoughts! I thought pumice stone but then I remembered my husband being so proud of his calluses so it won't get blistered anymore. Now I am curious what else this magical stone could be!

YogaByCandace likes this

Yes the magical stone is pumice. I, too, couldn't really figure out why you'd want to take the calluses off but I think it has to do with softening them? Like when mine are too dry that's when they crack and break and are really painful. Ok wait...going to look at the email.... here's what it says: 

"I keep two different pumice stones and a metal file in my shower. Every 3-4 days or when I know a lot of gymnastics is coming up I will shave my palms down. I start with the course pumice and then move to a finer grit pumice and then the metal file. Metal sure water's hot and get your hands soapy. Next level is soaking them in epsom salt and then shaving them down. I keep "working hands" lotion on my coffee table and put it on randomly throughout the day. I used to rip all the time and now I barely rip." 

So there you have it... Going to have to search for this magical stone. Will keep you all posted haha

brenskip55 likes this